National Education Policy 2020 PDF, See Major Changes in New Education Policy 2020 PDF – According to the latest news in NEW DELHI, The Union Cabinet approved the New Education Policy on Wednesday. They also renamed the ministry of human resource and development as the ministry of education. With this New National Education Policy and reforms, Union Cabinet introduces several changes in the Indian education system from the school to the college level. According to highlights of the policy, This will act as a single regulator for higher education institutions, multiple entries and exit options in degree courses, discontinuation of programmes, low stakes board exams, common entrance exams for universities.
Key Changes of New Education Policy 2020 Mentioned below
New Education Policy 2020 – Key Changes
- All courses at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels shall be interdisciplinary from now and MPhil courses will be discontinued under the new policy.
- All higher education institutions will be governed by a single regulator except legal and medical colleges.
- Board exams in schools will be low risk and will assess students’ actual knowledge rather than “rote learning.”
- Up to 5th Class, Home language, mother tongue or regional language shall be the medium of instruction.
- The school curriculum will also be reduced to basic concepts and there will be the integration of vocational education in class 6
- Report cards shall be a comprehensive report on skills and abilities rather than just marks and statements
- For public and private higher education institutions, Common standards will be established.
- There will be a limitation of the fees charged by educational institutions.
- Common entrance exams will be organized for admission into universities and higher education institutions.
- The ministry announced that there will be a holistic and multidisciplinary education in terms of subject flexibility.
- Some Other characteristics include the graduated academic, administrative, and financial autonomy of the institutions.
- The E-courses will be developed in regional languages, virtual laboratories and a National Educational Technology Forum (NETF) will be created.
- There are more than 45,000 affiliated universities in our country. Depending on the status of their accreditation, With gradual autonomy, academic, administrative, and financial autonomy will be granted to universities.
- The national mission will mainly focus on basic literacy and basic numeracy.
- Important changes in the pedagogical structure of the curriculum have been announced without rigid separation between the streams; all separations between vocational and academic and curricular and extracurricular will also be removed
- National Assessment Centre- ‘PARAKH’ has been created to evaluate the students.
- HRD higher education secretary Amit Khare said at the press briefing – “NEP 2020 aims to increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio in higher education, including vocational education, from 26.3% (2018) to 50% by 2035. At least 3.5 million new seats shall be added to institutions of higher education”.
Direct links to get pdfs below
New National Education Policy 2020 PDF – Download Here
Leave a Reply